The local government puts a lot of effort into providing functional and useful facilities for locals and tourists. Throughout Kumejima you'll find places to relax, explore, run, and celebrate.
- Kumejima AirportKumejima Airport is on the extreme west end of Kume Island. UEO is the airport code. Within are several stores and a restaurant.
- Firefly Dome(Ohara Area) The firefly dome is a multi-purpose sports facility with wieghts, batting nets, and fake turf that is the starting point of many yearly events.
- Kumejima Baseball Stadium(Ohara Area) Kumejima's baseball stadium hosts the Rakuten Eagles during their spring training, along with many other events throughout the year.
- Sea-side Park Golf(Gima Area) A new ground-style golf course along Kume Island's scenic southern coast. Enjoy a morning or afternoon of relaxing play.
- Nakazato Ground(Eef Beach Area) The Nakazato is another multipurpose sports facility with track, baseball fields, and other attractions.
- Deep Sea Water Research Institute (OTEC Plant)(Maja Area) The Prefectural Deep Sea Water Research Institute is focused on finding new uses for mineral-rich deep sea water and is the home of the new OTEC Power plant.
- Medical FacilitiesKumejima has one hospital, one clinic, and several other health care facilities. If you need emergency attention please go to the hospital in the Kanegusuku Area.