Does GameStop Price Match?
GameStop is officially the largest video game retailer on the planet! It features over 5500 stores in several parts of the world, with most of them located in its home country, the US. GameStop offers video games of all kinds, right from the exclusive PS4 varieties to the multiple console-friendly counterparts. They are also the most preferred platform for game creators to launch and market their new and upcoming games on.
Given that GameStop is already such a well-established franchise, would you find any offers and discounts on the products available? Definitely! Their individual stores are known to run quite a few loyalty offers and clearance sales. You can especially find many abandonware surprisingly cheap! But does GameStop price match? Will you get a refund on the game already purchased if you were to find it elsewhere at a lower price? Read on to know more!
Does GameStop Price Match?
We have both bad and good news for all you gamers who frequent GameStop when it comes to price matching! First, let’s get the bad news out of the way. Unfortunately, GameStop doesn’t price match with any other retailer in the market. Thus, if you have already bought anything off the shelves at GameStop and later find out that the same product is available at a lower price in any other store, then don’t expect any refunds from their end, even if you have all the proofs.
And now for the good news! We have, on credible authority, come to know that GameStop is often known to price match the products purchased online. For instance, if you have bought the World of Warcraft: Shadowlands physical edition from www.GameStop.com/products, but Blizzard Entertainment is offering it at a lower price on their www.battle.net portal or www.worldofwarcraft.com website, then you can claim a price match refund directly on the GameStop website without much hassle!
GameStop Price Match Policy
Kindly note that there isn’t an official GameStop policy for price match in place. They offer it solely for the sake of customers and to keep their business running competitively. That being said, it is important to know the unofficial conditions for requesting a price match refund from their online portal.
- The game version should be identical. There’s a difference between a digital edition and a physical edition, where the price of the former is usually lesser than the latter, in which case you won’t get a refund. Hence, you should ensure that you are requesting a refund on the physical/digital edition purchased against the same physical/digital edition available on another platform.
- GameStop doesn’t count local vendors for the price match. The company must be a credibly large retailer of console/online games.
- Clearance sales or discounted prices also will not be considered by the company.
- In the case of multinational, open-source online retailers like Amazon, the game must be sold by Amazon itself (at a lower price) for the price match request to be approved. A third-party vendor on the platform will not be considered for the purpose.
How to Get a GameStop Price Match?
Getting a price match from their official website is a breeze as long as you follow the steps mentioned below. Let us take the same WoW example from the previous section for the sake of clarity and continuity.
- Once you find that the WoW: Shadowlands edition is available at a much better bargain at the official Blizzard Entertainment website, take a screenshot of the price page.
- Head over to the GameStop website’s exclusive customer contact form page.
- Here, you will need to type in your details like name, email, order number etc.
- Describe your price match request in the main message body. Be as succinct as you can. Mention the website on which the product is available at a lower price right down to the version number (in this case, the WoW: Shadowlands’ version number). Updated patches and fixes do not count for they will be directly downloaded from the internet once you install the game.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button and wait for their response in your inbox.
- In the reply, they will ask for the evidence files that back up your claim. Attach your GameStop receipt and the screenshot from Blizzard’s website.
- You may need to wait for a few days to know whether or not your price match request has been approved.
Please note it depends entirely upon the authorities to approve or reject your GameStop price match request. Even if you were to meet all the conditions mentioned in the previous section, there is still a small chance that your refund request will be rejected. But hey, sending the request is free of charge, so you have nothing to lose!
Alternatively, you can directly call up your nearest GameStop store to fix an appointment with the manager for discussing your request. Also, you can simply walk in at the physical store and ask to talk with the manager. Ensure to carry all the proofs while doing so.
GameStop is officially the world’s largest video game retailer, so you can never go wrong with the decision to buy any kind of software from them. All kinds of games, old and new, are available at any of the 5500 GameStop stores on the globe. And if something you are looking for isn’t in stock, then they will request it directly from the developers or distributors for you!
But does GameStop price match? The answer has to be ‘No’ for most instances. However, if you were to purchase the game from their online store, then there’s a very high possibility that your price match request will be approved. And there is another little surprise that we have saved for you!
If you were to pre-order a particular game (make the purchase before the game is released), then you will definitely receive a refund on your payment if the price of that game drops during the actual release date! This one is, without a doubt, the official policy of GameStop!
Kumeguide.com is not affiliated with brands and not regulating their promotions and special offers.
Surveys, rebates, coupons and other special offers can be activated or deactivated at any time. Please make sure the offers are active on official website prior to taking action per our guides.