Uezu is part of what used to be the Gushikawa Magiri (district) during the Ryukyu Kingdom. Today it is a highly populated area centered on Otake Mountain and forms. Many families live in this area leading to many events and facilities.
What to See
- Ancient PineThis Ancient pine has stood on Kumejima for over a hundred years. Five root clusters support this iconically shaped tree.
- Uezu Historic HouseThe house of a former Magiri (district) governor during the Ryukyu Kingdom, the beautifully preserved wooden house demonstrates tradition and style all at once.
- Ghost RoadThe Ghost/Magnetic road in the Uezu Area will mystify and astound. Take a drive and you might catch a glance of the supernatural.
Where to Eat
- Arizona CafeArizona Cafe is a burger joint with everything from fries to shakes.
- Haifan Chinese restaurantHaifan is a large Chinese style restaurant serving a wide selection of favorites including great lunch sets.