Parks and Rest AreasKume Island's ample rain provides numerous green places to enjoy an afternoon. Parks ranging from huge expanses of sea-side grass to out of the way benches and tables are spread throughout Kume Island.
- Daruma Mountain ParkDaruma Mountain Park is located in the central part of Kumejima, with access from the Gushikawa and Nishime Neighborhoods.
- Furiai ParkFuriai Park is located in the South of Kumejima in the Nakadomari neighborhood and is where the Kumejima Festival takes place.
- Shirase River Garden ParkA walking course and nature park along both banks of the Shirase River in the Kanegusuku Area.
- Tachijami Nature ParkTachijami Nature Park is located on Kumejima's North Shore, with parking area, and a beautiful walk along waterfalls and more.
- Tunnaha Forest ParkTunnaha Forest Park is located high on Tunnaha mountain. It is a tiered park with large fields, pavilions, and breathtaking views.
- Zenda ParkZenda Park is a sprawling, child-friendly park high in the mountains of the Zenda Area.
- Ara Forest PathAra Forest Path is a road that stretches through the mountains in the southern peninsula on Kume Island. The road is lined by cherry trees, so in the spring there are beautiful blossoms along the way.
- Black Rock ForestBlack Rock Forest is in the Northeast part of the island. This hidden spot is a great place to rest or gaze out on the north sea.
- Hiyajo CliffHiyajo Cliff is along the North Shore of Kume Island. There is an overlook and store with amazing views.
- Kanshin DamPart of Kume Island's Wetland Preserves, the Kanshin Dam Area has a beautiful lake and limited walkways near the Five-Root Tree.