Ohara is a large plane on the west end of Kume Island. It is mostly full of farms and fields due to the flat elevation that provides for easy harvesting. Before cultivation, it was mostly wetlands.
Places to See
- Kumejima AirportKumejima Airport is on the extreme west end of Kume Island. UEO is the airport code. Within are several stores and a restaurant.
- Firefly DomeThe firefly dome is a multi-purpose sports facility with wieghts, batting nets, and fake turf.
- Kumejima Baseball StadiumKumejima's baseball stadium hosts the Rakuten Eagles during their spring training.
- Yajiyagama CaveOne of my favorite places on Kumejima, the Yajiyagama caves provide both interesting natural formations and a look into Kumejima's past.
Where to Stay
- Cypress Resort Hotel(Airport) Cypress Resort is the premier luxury hotel on Kumejima. When the Emperor Visited, this is where they prepared rooms for him. Cypress is located near the airport in the western part of Kume Island.